Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] annotating docbook sections

HI Richard,
You can get your titles back by adding a call to the template named 'section.titlepage':

<xsl:template match="d:section">
 <xsl:call-template name="section.titlepage"/>
 <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

In general, the title element is not processed in normal mode, but in mode="titlepage.mode". The reason is because the d:info element can contain a lot of information, not all of which is meant to be output. The DocBook XSL stylesheets provide a mechanism for customizing the selection of d:info elements to output and what formatting properties to apply to them. Your title elements may not be in d:info, but d:info supports putting the title there, so the system has to manage both locations. That titlepage mechanism is described in this documentation:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HTMLTitlePage.html

I make it a practice of examining (or copying) the original template matching on an element before customizing it. That way I can see what special handling the stylesheet already performs, and fit my customizations into that existing process. In this case, the template with match="d:section" is in fo/sections.xsl, which in turn calls a template named 'section.content', which in turn calls 'section.titlepage', which handles mode="titlepage.mode".

From: "Richard Henwood" <rjhenwood@yahoo.co.uk>
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:44 AM
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [docbook-apps] annotating docbook sections

Hi All,

I'm trying to add annotation to my docbook manual when rendered to pdf using xsltproc and fop.

I'm using a template in my custom xsl:

<xsl:template match="d:section">
 <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

This is my first attempt. My expectation is that this should make not difference to the rendered pdf. However, after executing, I discover the sections titles are missing through-out the pdf document.

If you could explain why this is - and how I can modify my template so section titles are displayed in the pdf, I would be grateful.

cheers,
Richard