Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Restrictive Docbook XML editor which enforces Docbook schema?

On 15/01/15 10:13 AM, Dan Shelton wrote:
> On 15 January 2015 at 16:04, Stefan Seefeld <stefan@seefeld.name> wrote:
>> On 15/01/15 10:01 AM, Dan Shelton wrote:
>>> Is there a Docbook XML editor which enforces the Docbook schema during editing?
>>>
>>> I am looking for an editor which loads the Docbook XML schema and then
>>> only allows the creation of tags which are allowed at the current
>>> position in the XML document.
>> My favourite one is XMLMind's XXE: http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/
>>
> OK, but is there an opensource version which doesn't rely on java?

I'm not aware o any Free XML editor that is comes close to what I would
expect any XML editor worth its name to be able to do. I regularly look
for alternatives (myself preferring Free Software if possible), but
always come back disappointed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_XML_editors gives you an
overview.
(Additional constraints such as "no java" reduce your chances even
further...)

        Stefan