docbook-publishers message

Subject: Publishers schema changed

Folks,

Apologies, in advance, to anyone offended by my cavalier approach...

The patterns in the publishers schema around SimpleLiteral seemed wrong
to me. They looked like this:

LCSH = SimpleLiteral, xsd:string

Meaning the LCSH pattern required a SimpleLiteral followed by a string.

Looking through the DC XSDs, I think the intent was that an LCSH
should *be* a SimpleLiteral restricted to containing a string.

I implemented that like this:

SimpleStringLiteral = element * { text }?
SimpleURILiteral = element * { xsd:anyURI }?
SimpleDCMITypeLiteral = element * { DCMIType.enumeration }?
SimpleLanguageLiteral = element * { xsd:language }?
SimpleLiteral =
   (SimpleStringLiteral | SimpleURILiteral
    | SimpleDCMITypeLiteral | SimpleLanguageLiteral)

<aside>Are those supposed to be optional, I wonder?</aside>

LCSH = SimpleStringLiteral

I also tweaked DCMIType so that the enumeration was split out.

I suspect that this:

dcterms.any = element any { SimpleLiteral }

is a mistake too, that the "any" there is also a mistranslation from
XSD where it was "any element". But I could be wrong and I'm trying
not to make too many changes.

BTW, all of this is sort of moot since these patterns are unused and
therefore deleted by the "compile" process.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | One stops being a child when one