Subject: Re: [docbook] Tell me agian why I need mml:?

Steven T. Hatton wrote:

> The problem is with MathML, the namespace stuff becomes a big issue.  I don't
> believe RELAX NG solves that unless the XSLT processor can work with
> something other than DTDs.

XSLT (1.0) processor is completely uninterested in schema language used.

> What's the deal with not having MathML in DocBook V5?

Probably nobody have time to implement it yet?

 > If that isn't
> available, I have very little use for DocBook in terms of authoring
> mathematical text.

Actually it is very easy to extend DocBook 5.0 with MathML. Just grab
MathML schema from

http://yupotan.sppd.ne.jp/relax-ng/mml2.html

And then create following simple DocBook 5.0 + MathML schema:

<grammar xmlns="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0";>

<include href="docbook.rng">
   <define name="db._any.mml">
     <externalRef href="mathml/mathml2.rng"/>
   </define>

   <define name="db._any">
     <element>
       <anyName>
         <except>
           <nsName ns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"/>
           <nsName ns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"/>
           <nsName ns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML"/>
         </except>
       </anyName>
       <zeroOrMore>
         <choice>
           <attribute>
             <anyName/>
           </attribute>
           <text/>
           <ref name="db._any"/>
         </choice>
       </zeroOrMore>
     </element>
   </define>
</include>

</grammar>

With this schema, you can write and validate things like:

<article xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"; version="5.0">
   <title>MathML test</title>

   <equation>
     <math xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML";>
       <mn>3</mn>  <!-- Actually any MathML can be here -->
     </math>
   </equation>
</article>

Nejbližší termíny školení: XML schémata (včetně RELAX NG) 7.-9.11.
          *** DocBook 5.-7.12. *** XSL-FO 19.-20.12. ***

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature