Subject: Re: [docbook] missing public docbook-website DTD

Webmaster wrote:
> Thank you!!! So, these DTD/schema stuff is a mystery to me. I got the
> impression that these types of paths don't change. Was this an oversite? Did
> I have you do something you didn't want to restore? Is there a better path
> to use?
>
> LN

The best approach here, if the application and platform you're using
supports it, is to use a catalog resolver; a catalog resolver is
software that plugs into your XML processor to re-map references to
external entities (such as DTDs) to URIs that you can control (usually,
to your local filesystem or a web server on your local network).  Of
course, for this to work, you'll still need to find a copy of the DTD
(and any files it references).

See, for example:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/WriteCatalog.html

HTH,