Subject: Re: [docbook] Simply viewing DB

First, to avoid the flames, there are many that think "styling XML" is
evil. So here is how you do it. :-)

You can apply CSS style sheets to the XML and get something pretty
readible. Oxygen XML comes with some that work pretty well. I'm not sure
if these are part of the docbook distribution. You can download the eval
to use those I suppose. My docbook has this, the xml-stylesheet
processing instruciton being the interesting bit. It looks fine in
Firefox and Safari.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?oxygen
RNGSchema="http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/5.0/rng/docbook.rng";
type="xml"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/css"
href="file:/opt/local/share/oxygen/frameworks/docbook/css/docbook.css"?>
<article xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"; version="5.0">
    <info>
        <title>Article Template Title</title>
        <author>
            <orgname>Organization Name</orgname>
            <address>
                <city>City</city>
                <street>Street</street>
                <postcode>000000</postcode>
                <country>Country</country>
            </address>
            <email>user@example.com</email>
        </author>
    </info>
    <sect1>
        <title>Section1 Title</title>
        <subtitle>Section1 Subtitle</subtitle>
        <para>Text</para>
    </sect1>
</article>

I notice someone else has CSS style sheets for docbook that may work.
http://www.badgers-in-foil.co.uk/projects/docbook-css/

This site includes instructions for css styling the XML using these
stylesheets.

Lou