Subject: Highlighting complete areas in DocBook

Hi together,

is there a way to highlight docbook elements in a generic way? I'd
like to be able to put some extra attribute or pi to any docbook
element to highlight it e.g. set the background color of a para
(resulting fo:block) to red for PDF output. I already had a look at
the change highlighting documented at
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Changebars.html, but because i am
using Apache FOP i need some other mechanism to highlight docbook
elements (and it childs) ranging from para, admonition,
programmlistings, table, etc. to table.

Cheers, Tobias