Subject: Re: [docbook] A bibliographical mark-up question

Hi Nic,
DocBook (since version 4.2) supports Dublin Core metadata with elements like
biblioid, bibliocoverage, bibliorelation, and bibliosource.  I would think
bibliorelation would suit your information.  See:

http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/bibliorelation.html

In the biblioentry for the article, include something like this:

<bibliorelation type="ispartof" class="other"
otherclass="title">BookName</bibliorelation>

This establishes the relationship connecting the article to the book.  The
stylesheets simply output this element, though, so you might want to
customize its template to better express the relationship in the output.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nic Gibson" <nicg@corbas.net>
To: "docbook" <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 2:27 PM
Subject: [docbook] A bibliographical mark-up question

Hi all

I've been away from DocBook for well over a year now and I've been asked a
question that has me slightly stumped. So, I'm going to have to ask the
experts :)

A client has a book that is being converted into XML using DocBook. The book
includes a few entries in the bibliography of the form "ArticleName, in
BookName". What would be the best way to mark this up so that ArticleName
and BookName are stored in separate elements but that the relationship is
represented clearly?

cheers

nic
--