Subject: Newbie Mark Up Complaints

I think I can probably diddle with style sheet customization to do the
following, but I would love to be able to do it directly in DocBook:

1. Insert a chunk of text in another language that requires another font.

2. Have a "listing" element  similar to "example" or "figure" that
results in a TOC list entry (Table of Listings).  E.g., see Listing 3.

3. Be able to indent the first line of a specific paragraph.

4. Have the first line of a series of paragraphs in a section not
indented but the rest indented.

5. Be able to insert almost any arbitrary chunk of fo at the block level.

If anyone can show me how to do any of those in DB 5 I would
appreciate it greatly!

Thanks for listening.

-Tom

Thomas M. Browder, Jr.