Subject: Book series data

Hi

I'm working on documentation to standardise DocBook usage for an academic publisher for (mostly) humanities and social science titles, and am using DocBook Publisher as my starting point. Most of the time I'm simply enforcing @role values in our local customisation layer.

The plan is to use this for backlist conversion as well as an XML first workflow in the near future.

I'd be interested to know how people have marked up some prelims content, especially book series data (ie metadata about the <book> not any bibliographic references therein).

Initially, I was thinking of something like this:

<bibliomisc role="series">
<phrase role="seriesVolNo">10</phrase>
<phrase role="seriesISSN">1234-5678</phrase>
<phrase role="seriesName">The Library of Aramaic Studies</phrase>
</bibliomisc>

but am also aware that sometimes the half title verso (or even the half title itself) includes more comprehensive series data, or lists of related titles. How have other people resolved this? I've seen this kind of thing in some book/info examples:

<cover role="halfTitleVerso">
<bibliolist>
<bibliomisc role="series">
<phrase role="seriesVolNo">10</phrase>
<phrase role="seriesISSN">1234-5678</phrase>
<phrase role="seriesName">The Library of Aramaic Studies</phrase>
<!-- Lots more bibl details etc -->
</bibliomisc>
</bibliolist>
</cover>

Does this seem reasonable, or are there more standard methods that users have adopted?

Thanks

Brad
--

Brad Scott