dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] DSS Use Cases...

> From the work done in ETSI this requires a time-stamp / time-marking around
> the time that a signature and information on the status of the relevant
> certificates at that time.

At least in my case, the concern here is that timestamp is a slippery slope
to the other part:  proving validity.  OCSP?  CRL?  XKMS assertion?  And
then the validity of the validator's certificate, etc.?  Ugh.

> I agree that we may not resolve the very long term signatures but it is
> worth noting as an requirement even if we do not have an immediate answer.

I'd much rather we make it an explicit non-goal and include references
to other groups currently working on this, such as ETSI.
        /r$