dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Groups - dss-requirements-1.0-draft-02.doc uploaded

At 12:07 PM 3/28/2003 +0000, Nick Pope wrote:

>Trevor,
>
>My concern with the signing of the data after an XSLT transform has been
>applied is that the chances of two independent implementations of XSLT to
>get exactly the same byte-by-byte value for all possible styles is fairly
>low, event though they will look the same.

Is this taken care of by the last paragraph in XML-DSIG 6.6.5
(http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/)? -

"The output of this transform is an octet stream. The processing rules for
the XSL style sheet or transform element are stated in the XSLT
specification [XSLT]. We RECOMMEND that XSLT transform authors use an
output method of xml for XML and HTML. As XSLT implementations do not
produce consistent serializations of their output, we further RECOMMEND
inserting a transform after the XSLT transform to canonicalize the output.
These steps will help to ensure interoperability of the resulting
signatures among applications that support the XSLT transform. Note that if
the output is actually HTML, then the result of these steps is logically
equivalent [XHTML]."

Trevor