dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Groups - dss-requirements-1.0-draft-02.doc uploaded

Trevor,

Canonicalisation does not deal with the application specific information
between the tags.  Differences such as line lengths and white spaces which
in HTML don't effect the output can so easily creep in.

I feel that where there exists two alernatives, I would much rather go for
the one which both parties work from the same data rather than depend two
implementations of complicated transforms such as XSLT working in exactly
the same way for all situations.

Nick