dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Groups - dss-requirements-1.0-draft-02.doc uploaded

As I understand it, Rich Salz just did an XML-DSIG interop report for the W3C XML-DSIG list. Perhaps Rich can enlighten us whether he agrees with this suggested resolution. Personally, I have doubts. Either XML-DSIG works as intended with transforms, cannonicalization and signatures, or, as has been suggested, there may be problems in the implementations. If we have to worry about white spaces and line feed/carriage returns creeping back in for verifications, such that "what was seen was signed" may or may not be reconstructible and verifiable, then can we simply treat it as an XML-DSIG issue and move on?