dss message

Subject: RE: Fwd: RE: [dss] Fwd: RE: UPU CPC EPM Positioning Proposal vis-a-vis the OASIS DSS

Ed, Trevor,

I suggest that in the context of DSS we do not confuse a profile for a
time-stamp whose semantics is purely this data existed at this time, and a
profile for something linked verify which significantly different semantics.
Otherwise, as you suggest, there is a threat that a time-stamp against a
signature could be misinterpreted as meaning that the signature has been
verified.

Nick

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/members/leave_workgroup.php