dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] Groups - DSS TC Conference Call modified

At 11:31 AM 7/11/2003 +0000, cruellas@ac.upc.es wrote:

>DSS TC Conference Call has been modified by Juan Carlos Cruellas
>(cruellas@ac.upc.es).
>
>Event description:
>Digital Signature Services Technical Committee Meeting.
>
>Conference Call Agenda.
[...]
>5.User requirements and EPM
>Since the last long talk in our previous conf call, a number
>of messages have been exchanged. Are we ready to close the
>requeriments document?

I'll send out a version today, with the things I think we've decided
on.  Probably won't be final though.

>6. Agenda of f2f meeting.
>Some days ago I sent an email with a short list o items
>that could serve as the starting point of exchanges that
>could lead to produce the agenda of the f2f meeting.
>Perhaps it could be worth to comment how to progress
>henceforth...

Another topic we could discuss - how are we going to design the
protocol?  We could have an "editor" in charge of collating stuff from
people, like the Requirements doc..  But while that was probably necessary
for the Requirements, it's not really that efficient of a process to
bottleneck things through one person, who's supposed to be getting
consensus on every decision.

What about doing it as a "competition", where people submit designs that
they claim meet the requirements, we can discuss, they can steal each
other's ideas, etc., until we eventually have something we're happy
with?  I think things like IKEv2 and SCVP were chosen in a similar way.

Trevor