dss message

Subject: Time-stamping & signing protocol

Thanks Trevor,

As a co-chair I feel somewhat obliged to look for something that meets both
concerns.

My understanding of Ed's concern is that there is something which is clearly
identifyable as the "XML time-stamping" coming out of DSS.

My concern is that we do not define something that has unnecessary
differences between XML time-stamps and other signing services provided by
DSS - firstly so that we do not waste time addressing issues from the two
perspectives, and secondly so that implementations can be use as much in
common as possible.

I suggest that both concerns can be met by using a profile of more generic
protocols and syntaxes which specifically addresses the requirements of
Time-stamping, and also to include in the protocol an indicator (DSS service
type) that the purpose of the request is for time-stamping.

Nick

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/members/leave_workgroup.php