dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] Proposal for discussing f2f meeting agenda

Trevor,

>>4. Signature and verification practices  and policies.
>>A good number of issues have been identified as candidates
>>to be defined by "policy" or "practice" of the service. It would be
>>worth to spend some time to try to clarify the issue.
>
>this might be stuff outside the scope of the protocol per se, like
>non-repudiation, archiving requirements, etc..

Well, it will be outside of the scope of the protocol  once  we will leave
certain
things left to the signature and verification practices and policies,
but I think that  this issue deserves detailed review in the f2f meeting so
that
we are sure that in the future we will realize that we have left too many
things
to the signature practices and policies and that the protocol itself is not
too poor...