dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] TSTInfoType

At 01:50 PM 10/20/2003 -0400, Dimitri Andivahis wrote:

>I propose adding the following optional attribute to
>the TstInfoType complex type:
>
>   <xs:attribute name="TSA" type="xs:anyURI" use="optional"/>
>
>   TSA [Optional]
>   This attribute SHALL identify the TSA that issued the token.
>
>This will facilitate future extensions of the protocols
>to TSAs using mechanisms other than X.509 certificates.

Tim's intent, I think, was for the name of the TSA to be carried in the
ds:Signature/KeyInfo/KeyName field.

To help consider your proposal, can we look into how extending the
time-stamp format would work?  How do you see the current <Tst> and
<TstInfo> being extended?  Could linking information be added as additional
"signed attributes" within a <Tst>?  Or would you just re-use the <TstInfo>
inside a different wrapper?

Trevor