dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] Policy-wise Server profile doc

At 08:46 AM 2/17/2004 -0500, Paul Madsen wrote:

>Hi, enclosed is the Policy-wise Server Profile, based on Trevor's profile
>template.

Hi Paul,

Looks good generally, a few comments:

Line 6, Document identifier should be:  "oasis-dss-1.0-profiles-pws-spec-wd-01"

Lines 12-21, Remove list of contributors

Line 75, remove "and signature profiles..."

Lines 99-100: I think you don't need a URI identifier, so you could say
"This profile does not specify a URI identifier".  I'll update the template
doc to mention that.

Line 121: <IntendedAudience> instead of <Recipient>

Lines 122-132: let's discuss this some more, and try to determine whether
it's necessary, or needs to be put into core.

Line 161: I forgot the <SignatureObject> section in the template by
accident, it's a good section to add.  However, I think the PWS profile
could just say: "This profile does not specify or constrain the type of
signature object".  Clients are required to send the <SignatureObject> by
the core.

Line 163: so clients MUST send <Document> for signing, but they're allowed
to send <Document>s or DocumentHash>es for verifying?

Line 169-171: This is redundant with the core document, section 4.3 #5.  So
I think you could delete this section.

Trevor