dss message

Subject: Policy-wise Server profile doc

Hi, enclosed is the Policy-wise Server Profile, based on Trevor's profile template.

Currently, I deal with the possibility of an external policy authority defining the signing/verifying policy for the DSS client to include in its requests through an allowed ds:Signature within the OptionalInputs element. Prefereable would be to use a modified ServiceProfile element containing this policy.

I had planned on creating a corresponding schema to reflect the constraints but to do so would have required the introduction of two new elements SignOptionalInputs and VerifyOptionalInputs to reflect the fact that policy-wise sign and verify requests would have different constraints. This seemed contradictory to the core model.

Related, can somebody tell me what was the motivation for modelling OptionalInputs as dss:AnyType rather than as appropriately extendable sequences of child elements?

Regards

Paul

Paul Madsen
e:  p.madsen@entrust.com
p:  613-270-2632
c:  613-799-2632
Entrust
Securing Digital Identities
& Information
http://www.entrust.com

oasis-dss-1.0-pws-profile-spec-wd-01.doc