dss message

Subject: spec-wd-21

Some big changes:

  1) CMS processing rules added (3.4 and 4.4).
  2) Special handling for verifying DSIG enveloping or enveloped
signatures: instead of having to separate the Signature from the Input
Documents, the client can send a "lump" containing an enveloping/enveloped
signature and input docs, and let the server sort it out.  See 4.3.
  3) Multi-signature verification.  See 4.3 and and 4.3.1.

These add a lot of complexity, I doubt that I got them right or explained
them well.  Please send feedback.

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/download.php/6745/oasis-dss-1.0-core-spec-wd-21.doc
(my PDF-making tool chokes on this, sorry....)

Trevor