dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Roadmap

At 07:04 PM 11/1/2004 +0000, Nick Pope wrote:
>I had in mind something which gives a brief picture of the relationship with
>other profiles and the core.  It may be that, as you suggest, for the policy
>wise server reference to the overview would be sufficient.
>
>Any thoughts Trevor?

Maybe we should retitle this section "Relationship to other Profiles"
(matching the Profiles documents).  This implies loose description whereas
"Elements Inherited From..." sounds technical, and like a list.  Also it
would allow the profile to talk about its children as well as parents.

I also think the "Scope" section would be better titled "Overview", which
matches the Profile documents (and the Profile documents use "Scope"
differently).

I.e. I suggest for each profile:
  1) Overview
  2) Relationship to Other Profiles

and then further sections giving more details as the profile author sees
fit, totalling maybe a page per profile.  Think of the Overview as an
'abstract' or abridgement of the Profile Document's overview section, so
someone can thumb through and take in DSS at a glance, and know where to
look next.

Does this sound good?

Trevor