dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] FW: XSD for profiles

At 08:34 PM 11/2/2004 +0000, Nick Pope wrote:
>[...]
>However, I do [not] think that we fully discussed the other suggestion
>from Glen
>that the Core Schema be re-specified in each profile so that changes from
>Optional to Mandatory are reflected in the profile variant of the schema.  I
>do not believe that this is the approach that we are taking at the moment
>(any XSD files associated with a profile only define any new elements not
>already in the core).  Also, I believe that this could cause more confusion
>over what is the correct schema to use.
>
>What are other views on this?

I say let the profiles decide.  A re-specified Core Schema is just another
way of presenting the profile, and I don't think we should dictate
presentation (as long as it's comprehensible).

We can recommend things (like using the template, or including examples,
which is definitely a good idea).  But I wouldn't want to recommend one way
or another on this.

Trevor