dss message

Subject: FW: XSD for profiles

We very briefly discussed this suggestion from Glen at Mondays DSS call.

Regarding example XML I understand that it was agreed to produce XML
examples for each of the profiles (and the core???) whilst the profiles are
out for CD review.

However, I do think that we fully discussed the other suggestion from Glen
that the Core Schema be re-specified in each profile so that changes from
Optional to Mandatory are reflected in the profile variant of the schema.  I
do not believe that this is the approach that we are taking at the moment
(any XSD files associated with a profile only define any new elements not
already in the core).  Also, I believe that this could cause more confusion
over what is the correct schema to use.

What are other views on this?

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn.Benson@chase.com [mailto:Glenn.Benson@chase.com]
Sent: 31 October 2004 16:27
To: Nick Pope
Cc: Juan Carlos Cruellas; trevp@trevp.net
Subject: example XML

Nick,

Thanks for the clarification.  I strongly recommend publishing an example
XML.  As a new member of this group, I assure you that I would consider the
examples to be highly clarifying.

Also, I would like to visit your characterization of Entity Seal against
the DSS Core XSD.    Consider, for example, ClaimedIdentity.  The
ClaimedIdentity is optional in the core, but mandatory in Entity Seal.  In
my opinion, an XML document that does not contain a ClaimedIdentity may
validate against the core schema, but must not validate against the Entity
Seal schema.  Therefore, Entity Seal should have its own schema which would
be subordinate to the core schema.  By locking the individual schemas to
the profiles, we can help vendors catch improper DSS requests before they
reach the DSS server.

Thanks,

Glenn

                      "Nick Pope"
                      <pope@secstan.com        To:
<Glenn.Benson@chase.com>, <trevp@trevp.net>
                      >                        cc:       "Juan Carlos
Cruellas" <Cruellas@ac.upc.es>
                                               Subject:  RE: [dss]
Authentication Token
                      10/31/2004 10:45
                      AM

Glen,

We have not as yet published any example XML.  I think a suggestion of
producing one for each profile would be a good idea.  (Since each profile
is
an example of the application of the DSS Core then these example profile
XML
would also serve as an example of the Core)

The Entity Seal is a sub-set of the DSS Core schema, without the definition
of any new elements, and hence does not ahve its own XSD.

Nick

OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/members/leave_workgroup.php
.