dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Signature Gateway Profile

John,

Sorry for the delay in my response.  Please see the following messages
which motivate the Signature Gateway Profile:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss/200410/msg00029.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss/200410/msg00040.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss/200410/msg00069.html

With respect to my three questions below, Trevor helped me with some
answers:

1.  The incoming signature binds a signer to  document; and the requester
signature binds a requester to a request.  So, we can disregard the
question of the "dual" nature of the signature.

2,3.  The request should be a VerifyRequest because it allows for a
verification of an existing signature combined with a request for a new
signature.  We may use <ReturnUpdatedSignature>

Thanks,

Glenn

                      John Messing
                      <jmessing@law-on-        To:       Glenn.Benson@chase.com
                      line.com>                cc:
                                               Subject:  [FWD: RE: [dss] Signature Gateway Profile]
                      11/03/2004 07:22
                      PM

Dear Glenn:

I posted this question to the list and received no answer. I am posing
it to you again. I believe as a voting member of the TC representing
the American Bar Association I am not out of line in asking it.

I would appreciate a response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

XML
> > ref construct by explicitly referencing the same signature from the
> > SupportingInfo of ClaimedIdentity/RequesterIdentity and the signature
of
> > the document?
> > 2.  Which is the best construct for referencing the signature of the
> > document?
> > 3.  The same request asks the DSS server to first verify a signature
and
> > then execute another signature.  Is this a signature request or a
> > verification request?
> >

> > To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster
of the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/members/leave_workgroup.php
.