dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Namespace inheritance, other approach

Interesting thoughts.

I'll try a few things but I have been discouraged so far with the
complexities hoisted on the implemtors. XPath attribute in SignaturePtr is
also in the problem area list.

Wondering if the cure is worth the trouble that simple encoding solves. We
do have precedence if we did decide on an encoding approach.

Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: Juan Carlos Cruellas [mailto:cruellas@ac.upc.edu]
Sent: May 5, 2005 8:54 AM
To: Trevor Perrin
Cc: dss@lists.oasis-open.org

Trevor,
If my memory does not cheat me, I think that there is a situation that is
the one that raised the encoding issue: when the client wants to send a
whole XML document, not a subtree...that document would have the initial
<?xml....>, the area of declaration/definition and finally the root
node...but the parser would complain if it finds a <?xml ....?> as child of
an element... A different issue is whether the protocol should also cover
the requirement of a client sending a complete xml document starting in its
initial PI. ....

Regards
Juan Carlos