dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Groups - Signature Gateway Profile wd 09 (oasis-dss-1[1].0-profiles-siggty-spec-wd-09.doc) uploaded

Glenn,

Thanks for updating the DSS Sig Gateway profile.

In general I feel that the document has progressed and is close to be ready for progressing to the next stage.

However, I would like to some further consideration on how there can be a way for users to know what mapping of signatures is provided by the gateway.

In my earlier comments I made some suggestions for some explanatory text to be made available in 1.2 describing in a general way how this is provided, and made some suggestions for extending the description of service policy in 4.2.1.1 to cover this.  The description of service policy provides information on various aspects of the signature such as revocation, and coverage, but is missing anything that indicates the form of signature (e.g. set / class of algorithms, signature properties).

I recognise that not all gateways would want to provide this to the user, but I still think describing how this might be acheived as an optional element of the service policy would be useful.

Unfortunately, I will be travelling until mid next week, but hope that we can find a reasobable way forward on this issue as soon as possible.

Nick

ment_id=12523

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/download.php/12523/oasis-dss-1%5B1%5D.0-profiles-siggty-spec-wd-09.doc