dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] XML Time-sstamp and implied references. - related problems

Juan Carlos and all,

I agree with the comment.  I think that this can be deleted as this is
already covered by 3.3.1 item 1d i:
"i.	If the <Document> has a RefURI attribute, the <ds:Reference> element’s
URI attribute is set to the value of the RefURI attribute, else this
attribute is omitted.
A signature MUST NOT be created if more than one RefURI is omitted in the
set of input documents and the server MUST report a RequesterError."

I note however that there a few related issues

Related problem 1 - No refURI in <DocumentHash> and <TransformedData>

There is a related in problem with handling <DocumentHash> (as well as
transformed data) as 3.3.6 (and 3.3.5) reference 3.3.1 item 1d which
includes the processing of RefURI in <Document>.  However, <DocumentHash>
and <TransformedData> are both defined as an element of <InputDocument>
instead of <Document>, and so does not have the attribute RefURI.

Thus, I suggest that <DocumentHash> and <TransformedData> are both made
elements of <Document>.

Related problem 2 - 2.4.3 Definition of <TransformedData>

This says name="DocumentHash" should be name="TransformedData"  (presumeably
cut and past error).

Related problem 3 - 4.3.2.2 Item 11

This does not cover all the different ways of passing the Input Document
(including Hash).  I suggest that this references the general signature
verification procedures in 4.3.

Related Problem 4 - 4.3 Item 2.  This does not cover the case of implied
reference.

Suggest add "The RefURI MAY be omitted in at most one of the set of Input
documents.  "

Nick