dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] XML Time-sstamp and implied references. - related problems

Nick,

Nick Pope wrote:

>Juan Carlos and all,
>
>I agree with the comment.  I think that this can be deleted as this is
>already covered by 3.3.1 item 1d i:
>"i.	If the <Document> has a RefURI attribute, the <ds:Reference> element’s
>URI attribute is set to the value of the RefURI attribute, else this
>attribute is omitted.
>A signature MUST NOT be created if more than one RefURI is omitted in the
>set of input documents and the server MUST report a RequesterError."

I think that we should try to find some text for section 5.1.1. As for
the text you
mention, this would actually go against my proposal if applied for
instance in the
timestamping profile: it would require to put all the RefURI but one....
which actually
is a good catch: taking into account what I have said in my prevous
email, shouldn't we
delete the sentence:

"A signature MUST NOT be created if more than one RefURI is omitted in the
set of input documents and the server MUST report a RequesterError."

Why should we not allow to create ds:Signatures without URI attributes in more than one
ds:Reference?

>I note however that there a few related issues
>
>Related problem 1 - No refURI in <DocumentHash> and <TransformedData>
>
>There is a related in problem with handling <DocumentHash> (as well as
>transformed data) as 3.3.6 (and 3.3.5) reference 3.3.1 item 1d which
>includes the processing of RefURI in <Document>.  However, <DocumentHash>
>and <TransformedData> are both defined as an element of <InputDocument>
>instead of <Document>, and so does not have the attribute RefURI.
>
>Thus, I suggest that <DocumentHash> and <TransformedData> are both made
>elements of <Document>.

Or maybe make them derived from DocumentBaseType....for instance so they
would incorporate
the attributes you mention.

>Related problem 2 - 2.4.3 Definition of <TransformedData>
>
>This says name="DocumentHash" should be name="TransformedData"  (presumeably
>cut and past error).

Agree

>Related problem 3 - 4.3.2.2 Item 11
>
>This does not cover all the different ways of passing the Input Document
>(including Hash).  I suggest that this references the general signature
>verification procedures in 4.3.

I think that this will change as a result of the work on time-stamps
following our skype call with Ed.