Subject: More thoughts on SOA BUP

Here's some notes from the POA article that are thought were
significant:

<snip> Fundamentally, we must move from focusing on the integration
aspects of SOA (the "band-aid") to focusing on how to build applications
based on the principles of SOA (the solution); that is, applications
that are inherently interoperable.  </snip>

<snip>While the convergence of BPM, E-Forms, and business object
technologies into a single design-driven platform for developing and
executing enterprise applications has many inherent benefits, we will
limit this discussion to a topic particularly relevant to today's
environment - bringing control back within the organization.  </snip>

http://www.sys-con.com/story/?storyid=45098&DE=1

Shone Sadler, June 2004 - Web Services Journal Article