Subject: Re: [ebsoa] New Chair - John Hardin

Yes sir. Absolutely. I have had a desire to bring together the
RDF/OWL/agent/semweb camps with the XML B2B messaging camps for a while.
I believe that they are frequently two views of the same transactional
coin, one consumer / human based, and the other system-to-system
operational prividing the background framework that the agents can
interface to.

However, the common thread that binds them is largely unorganized still
- the semantic link - each ontology reflects the language of an industry
or specialization, but there needs to be a common identifier for data
element concepts that cross the domain boundaries.

In order to accomplish autonomous agent/personal butler technology,
solid, stable ontologies must be encoded and available as integration
artifacts, from a registry, in real-time integration patterns.

Thanks very much Carl. Give me a bit to organize some things, and then I
would like very much to have a collaborative discussion between a wide
range of folks (w3, dublin core, oasis, ws-i, udef) about how we should
link these ontologies.

call anytime

john
313.930.5323