Subject: Re: [ebsoa] UDEF and VCOR material

John,

This is nice demo.

The CAM approach we are working on is more aggressive in that it
uses a registry of business nouns with details stored in XML
structure.

This allows you to do automated mapping without requiring the
manual insertion into the XSD or XML of the UDEF IDs.

Here's how this works:

1) Derive dictionary of XML elements / attributes
    used in domain transactions (for example in the
    OAGIS 250+ BODs there are about 1,500 unique fields;
     in some cases the same field requires more than one
     entry - as its use changes rules need - (use XPath
     context to distinguish such varients)).

2) Store these in the noun XML format specified by CAM
    (see example here:
    http://drrw.net/backup/NIH/nounexample-eCGAP.xml).

3) CAM processor inspects XML instance - for each
    element / attribute set - matches to noun definitions
    based on XPath expression and matching heuristics
    of name and content model.

4) CAM applies rules accordingly.

5) Once such training has occurred - CAM can inspect
    transactions it has never seen before, and yet
    have the ability to apply rules intelligently.

As you mentioned today on the call - getting to the point
where this is automated part of the design / implementation
instead of the manually intensive effort of today - is
a key need.

Here's the formal XSD of the CAM noun metadata:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/9714/nounmetadata.xsd

DW