Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] BPSS evolution

Title: Message
Martin,

Definately want to discuss this today.  My immediate thought is that the BCM work
here could be a perfect fit.  Especially since BCM has clearly detailed how UMM
fits into the overall production stack and the role it provides.

I don't want to rush into anything though - so perhaps it makes sense to go back
to the BCM group and ask for a presentation on how BCM model synergizes the
BPSS - and also what new pieces this brings to the table - such as the BCM
Choice Points for context driven linking and switching control.

We can refine the needs I'm sure and then see what the BCM can provide
back to us.  I'm trying not to just throw this ball to myself here!  The BCM team
has a great mix of people who deeply understand BP at the architectural level
and we definately need all that great input.

Thanks, DW.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 6:05 AM

Dear all,
    The questions JJ asks indicate to me that the move to OASIS has removed one of the key conceptual models behind the BPPSS namely the UMM model.  Before deciding on the XML content for the OASIS BPSS there will be a need to understand the concepts that need to be implemented.  UMM and UML offer some good features, but removing the link will undoubtedly give the team more degrees of freedom.  Is this a good thing?  I know from my experience that not having constraints usually wastes time and energy as those boundaries are defined.

    So it looks like this group had better go on concept hunt!

Martin Roberts
xml designer,
BT Exact
e-mail: martin.me.roberts@bt.com