Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Groups - New Action Item #0007 Provide IV&I and STAR Use Cases

Serm,

Having read the white paper and PPT - I would strongly
suggest a completely different path here.

The OASIS BCM team is teaching an approach based
on being Business-Centric as opposed to
technology provider-centric.

We have samples of BCM templates that would help the IVI team
define the business requirements from the business users perspective.

Second - the original ICE work by Adobe that was donated to W3C looks
like something that needs to be studied closely during that business
requirement
phase.  Herein lies the roles of people, their responsibilties, their
business needs
and the means to fulfill those.

Looking at the PPT especially I get the feeling I'm listening to someone
trying
to explain what a Swiss watch is by showing me the gears inside it and
creating an Alice in Wonderland world as a consequence.

Now - I strongly believe that once we have some BCM templates here, some
CPP/CPAs defined as well - then it will be much clearer what is required.
Then business users can choose the pattern that best describes their
operation.

As for the BPSS for this - I foresee that we will have descreet BPSS sets
that each provide a model for a particular participant to follow that is
clear and obvious, with actions and steps as we would expect.

Now - enter the vendors at the implementation level.  They can then take
those artifacts and figure out how they will implement that with their set
of cogs and gears.  The business users especially should not care what
that entails - just so long as the perscribed business behaviour results.
The vendors can push, shove, pull and ping each other to work within the
vaguries of their own kit.  And inevitably blame someone else when some
thing unexpected happens!  I like the ICE model here of signing up to
business behaviours with windows and thresholds and clear description
of recovery and remediation.

So - once we have that analysis - then we can see what if any additional
pieces are needed for BPSS.  I suspect at this point - we already have
most of this covered between BPSS and ICE...

No need for us to re-invent the wheel - but show how but using
well structured business-first approach we can provide the
functional industry behaviour required.

Thanks, DW.