Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Overview of BPSS

David RR Webber wrote:

> Team,
>
> Following on from yesterdays discuss on the teleconference
> I thought it would be helpful to post a draft set of slides
> that illustrate what I was trying to describe.
>
> Attached is my first cut at this for discussion.
> So the simple minimum configuration would be:
>
> a) CPA, BPSS, ebMS, and an XML context document
>
> then could be added to this  CAM, Choice Points, BCM,
> UMM, CCTS, UBL, Registry, WSDL, WS* and BPEL,
> etc,  as required (no significant order).

Dave,
Thank you for the information.  It is important that clear and concise
messages be developed about the role and function of ebBP. For example,
here are a few comments about this draft:

    * BPSS != business orchestration
    * OASIS ebXML Business Process TC - your title is not correct.
    * No approach such as BCM have been adopted by ebBP, and associating
      that without precedent should be reconsidered.
    * Why are Business Tranactions in CAM and why is there an implicit
      link from Choice Points to BPSS? Please reconsider presenting
      these concepts without any precedent in ebBP (point also made by
      Kenji Nagahashi).
    * Separate the business collaborations from the context that may
      influence the instantiation of such a collaboration (in XML for
      example).
    * The interchange documents are outside of the scope of BPSS; BPSS
      understands the logical business document.

Associating some of these concepts without coordination or distinction
should be reconsidered.  Several key players are not attending XML 2003,
and without a core representation from ebBP, I would suggest any
discussion be deferred (and be held in coordination with ebBP team).

You may consider submitting a potential work item associated with
context (see draft Work Item process) so the discussion can be continued
and considered.
Thank you for the prompt feedback and suggestions.
Monica