Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Overview of BPSS

Monica,

I think all these points are in-line with what I was looking
to show - ie the boundaries around BPSS - and the
need to move beyond the CEFACT legacy of a simple
XML artifact from a UMM/UML model - into something
that truely sits powerfully into the family of OASIS
specifications and components for eBusiness.

I'm not saying that the PPT shows a normative deployment
for BPSS - but rather an illustrative deployment that shows
how - given context management - that BPSS can enable
the other peices of the OASIS family around it - and the
obvious ones that are there already.

What's nice about this is that once you have this clear
then people can subsititute as needed - for instance -
the CAM component could be replaced by a Java
program, or BizTalk server, or a vendors EDI mapper,
and so on - provided those downstream parts can
leverage the XML and context mechanism we
publish.

In the meantime - we can establish formal liaisons with
more of the OASIS TC teams - so we can better
understand how these relationships can be built
and implemented.

Crawl, walk then run!

Thanks, DW.