Subject: BPSS building blocks

Team,

I think it is useful at this point in time and space to define the "BPSS method" -
i.e. how we intend for people to create a BPSS from scratch.

Here's my go at this:

Step 1) Identify the business purpose (description), the participants,
   and their role(s).  Work out any collaboration agreements (CPAs).

Step 2) Identify the business documents involved, and tie to
           discreet exchange formats.

Step 3) Determine the discreet business actions involved.

Note 2) and 3) may occur in parallel, or reversed, depending on
individual preference and the business environment.

Step 4) For each such business action determine the individual
           interchange steps required, the documents,
           and the roles and participants.

Step 5) Capture success, failure, and branching events.

Step 6) For multi-party exchanges particularly - layout the flow
            of the interactions - and note conditions, linking and
            switching that may occur accordingly.  Breakout sub-BPSS
            modules as necessary.

Step 7) Verify resulting BPSS(s) with partners, configure for each
            of your own interactions - deploy.

Right now - I'm seeing it is Step 6 and some of Step 5 where things
are squirly right now and we need deeper support in the BPSS
specification.

Thanks, DW.