Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Definitions found in "UNCITRAL Model Law on ElectronicCommerce" 1996

Martin,

The short answer is no, because signals are not something that is
considered. Legal considerations usually concern concepts such as those
found in slide 9
<http://www.toolsmiths.se/documents/serviam_legal_20040202.pdf>

Two considerations that come close are Receipt and Notice, but Notice is
mostly linked to the legal requirement of notification as defined in
domestic law.

The evidential aspect is important: "reach the desk" -accessable for
reading , is relativly simple compared to proving "reach the mind" -
someone has actually read it..

It debatable if ebMS Acknowledge or BPSS ReceiptAck consitutes a Reach
i.e. "reach the desk".

Here one may want to spell out the exact definition in a TPA, is it ...
or ... that constitutes the legal effect and timeout calculations
  ebMS Acknowledge.dispatch
  ebMS Acknowledge.reach
  BPSS ReceiptAck.dispatch
  BPSS ReceiptAck.reach