Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] WSDL / BPSS proposal

I favor the "Garden of Eden rewrites" (Venetian blind) which means we
have both complexTypes and elements for them globally available.

That also means substitution is easily available for elements as we
evolve BPSS transaction type. Rather than inhibiting or disallowing the
available extensibility mechanisms, I think we should support them. We
can add any elements and anyAttributes
if we need to if it does not water things down too much and if the
grammars remain deterministic. Keep the X in xml!

I also favor the explicit subclassing Martin proposes for BT.

My only concern is whether we have some limitations in commonly used
tools. However, lately I have seen much better performance of tools when
substitution groups are used. The subtype constraint is being handled
much better now than it used to be, and usually there are workarounds so
that the "picky" implementations can be made happy.

Dale Moberg

-----Original Message-----
From: David RR Webber [mailto:david@drrw.info]
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 7:33 AM
To: martin.me.roberts@bt.com; anderst@toolsmiths.se;
jeanjadu@Attachmate.com
Cc: ebxml-bp@lists.oasis-open.org

Martin,

I like the concepts - but all this Venitian Blinds and abstract class
overloading sounds too much like unnatural acts!?!

Why don't we just support the 6 transaction patterns
directly with a simple transactionType enumerated choice approach,  and
have set of associated criteria then
selected and configured by that.

Notice - if people then need subtle variations away from
these 6 for local considerations - they can use the context mechanism to
define those and agree them with their
business partners.   Since these extensions are agreed
at the business level - this should go a long way to
solving Anders concerns over the legal liability issues..

Thanks, DW.