Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] WSDL / BPSS proposal

Anders writes:

"However the referenced document is NOT a standard it is UN model LAW
which has been implemented more or less all over the world. In may
countries similar/same considerations has been included even in US
Uniform Electronic Transaction Act of 99. In case of dispute it is most
likelly that an eCommerce LAW is superior to an technical specification
/ protocol specification such as BPSS."

I believe we only seek to indicate a conceptual alignment with the legal
distinctions. We obviously are not legislating nor suggesting that
lawyers consult BPSS when litigating.

Am I missing a problem with referencing work that defines concepts that
we intend to align with? Or are you just letting us know that we should
explicitly state the status of the one document as law so that people
don't think it is just another technical standard?

Dale Moberg