Subject: RE: OASIS Naming Rules

Intranet Site :http://twiki.btlabs.bt.co.uk/twiki

-----Original Message-----
From: Eve L. Maler [mailto:Eve.Maler@Sun.COM]
Sent: 15 February 2004 15:10
To: Roberts,MME,Martin,XSG3 R
Cc: Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM; Eduardo Gutentag; Scott McGrath

Hello Martin,

It appears that the Quality subcommittee of the OASIS TAB (technical
architecture(?) board) is working on revising the document right now.  I

have copied Eduardo Gutentag, who offered this news just a couple of
days ago, so that he can convey your questions to the TAB.

I do know that OASIS is well aware of the need to have persistent and
predictable URLs for schema resolution (and other) purposes, having
heard requests from quite a few TCs!  I don't know about the schedule
for supporting these features in their document repository system,
though.  Scott McGrath, also copied here, is the person to ask about
this.

	Eve

martin.me.roberts@bt.com wrote:
> Dear both,
>         I am about to produce two schemas and went looking for the
> naming convention and found the OASIS Document File Naming working
draft 02.

>         Two questions.
>
>         1) when will it come out of being a working draft.
>         2) it would be good if it could include something on the
> naming
> of targetNamespace URI in Oasis specs.
>
>         On the last matter is there another document somewhere?    I
> have seen various flavours being used some with _http:/..._
<http:/...>
> and
> some urn:....
>

>         A related question is if we use _http://..._ <http://...> is
there
> way to actually get the schemas etc into a location that would resolve

> to the document?
>
> /Martin Roberts/
> xml designer,
> BT Exact
> *****e-mail:* martin.me.roberts@bt.com
> ***tel:* +44(0) 1473 609785  _clickdial_
> <http://clickdial.bt.co.uk/clickdial?001609785.cld>
> *****fax:* +44(0) 1473 609834
> *Intranet Site :*___http://twiki.btlabs.bt.co.uk/twiki_
> pp 16 Floor 5, Orion Building, Adastral Park, Martlesham, Ipswich IP5
> 3RE, UK
>
>       British Telecommunications plc
>       Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
>       Registered in England no. 1800000
>       This electronic message contains information from British
>       Telecommunications plc which may be privileged or confidential.
>       The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s)
>       or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient be
>       aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
>       contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received
>       this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone
or
>       email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.

Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Products, Technologies, and Standards    eve.maler @ sun.com