Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Manual Operations in BPSS"

Duane,

That's one piece - the issue however is the TimeToPerform in the
BPSS steps themselves.

The recovery procedure would need to have flagged each step
as an "abandon", or "re-start" at design time.  So somethings
could be brought back up, otherwise would be just terminated
anyway if the recovery does not occur before the TimeToPerform
expires.

Another design feature may be an independent "its alive" check
that runs in the background - polling each system periodically.
If this process detects that certain participants are no longer
reachable - it could automatically alert others - and signal
that a restart-check-point should be captured.  But then
in a loosely coupled system - some participants may just
poll a drop-box periodically - that was the ICE model - where
delivery windows are agreed.

Suddenly occurs to me that something like Tuxedo with
some blending of ICE features might be the right model
here for us - no sense in re-inventing
the wheel - we can take a proven design and just show
how BPSS can support it to provide re-start recovery.

This definately sounds like a V4.0 feature though - re-start
recovery - and a whole separate technical note document....

Thanks, DW.