Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] BusinessPartnerType and Roles

Hi Anders,

I like your diagram ( at least the way I read it!)

I just submitted an initial comment for Monica item 26, and I think my
discussion is congruent with your model. I do not distinguish between
Role and AuthorizedRole, though.

I think the Role and AuthorizedRole in UMM is a semantically vacuous
contrast. Are we going to bother documenting BPs where some Roles are
unauthorized? I don't think so. So we can safely abstract away from that
semantic nuance.

What might be relevant is to model Authorizing"Thing" as something a
Role might have
(like a credential, contract, agency, organizational affiliation, etc. )
Maybe we could have a UBAC extension point for doing that. In real
business collaboration there is always such a thing implicitly; whether
it is important to capture it from the BPSS abstraction viewpoint is
possibly more controversial.

Dale Moberg

Here is another diagram showing how Actor 1 is binding himeself through
initiation to BusinesPartnerType: Supplier and role: Seller. In this
diagram the CBPC has also been integrated.
Roles are bound from outer Activites to inner BC or BT through a
Performs-boinding statement.