Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] Manual Operations in BPSS"

Dear Martin,

Well yes you have the protocol machines at each end re-aligned, but suppose
that there was information (data) exchanged in the bit that got lost.  How
do you know that the content / data stores on each side are in synch?  So as
an example you may be re-aligned at state that means that a fault has been
rectified but one side may have fault 'docket' with the repair action
correctly shown and the other not.

Best Regards     Tony
A M Fletcher
Home: 35, Wimborne Avenue, IPSWICH  IP3  8QW
Tel: +44 (0) 1473 729537   Mobile: +44 (0) 7801 948219
  amfletcher@iee.org <mailto:amfletcher@iee.org>      (also
tony.fletcher@talk21.com <mailto:tony.fletcher@talk21.com>   &
tony_fletcher@btopenworld.com)

-----Original Message-----
From: martin.me.roberts@bt.com [mailto:martin.me.roberts@bt.com]
Sent: 17 February 2004 18:19
To: david@drrw.info; dnickull@adobe.com
Cc: zbarch@rcn.com; ebxml-bp@lists.oasis-open.org

Is the a simple solution that we can at least grasp for release 2.0

Depending on how you answer this question we may have a solution?

How do you know what state your BPSS is in?

For us in BT we have used forks and joins with names to indicate states.
This means that we could exchange with our partner through an out of
band collaboration, where each of our collaborations is.  The customer
could also send us that information.  Depending on who gets there first
we could replay any transactions or agree to leap to a named state.

Very simple but effective.  No replay required but you now have two
gateways/systems stacks aligned.

What do you think?

Martin Roberts
xml designer,