Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] Manual Operations in BPSS"

Dear Martin Duane and others,

Yes, I agree with this - it is exactly the point I was making  (and I also
acknowledge the other helpful mails from Duane and others).

To synchronise state one must not only set the communicating protocol
machines to complementary states (which is what we tend to concentrate on),
but also align the shared resources (or objects).

And yes I picked up on this from a number of folks including Bob Haugen, it
is my understanding that it is indeed the central idea of the COOL
architecture, but it actually goes back to CMIP as Martin mentions, and
probably way before that too.  In spite of the COOL presentation I am not
sure that the ideas have been properly worked into the UN/CEFACT documents
yet though(?)

But the alignment of protocol state and resource / object state certainly
should be part of BPSS as it goes forward (in my opinion).

Best Regards     Tony
A M Fletcher
Home: 35, Wimborne Avenue, IPSWICH  IP3  8QW
Tel: +44 (0) 1473 729537   Mobile: +44 (0) 7801 948219
  amfletcher@iee.org <mailto:amfletcher@iee.org>      (also
tony.fletcher@talk21.com <mailto:tony.fletcher@talk21.com>   &
tony_fletcher@btopenworld.com)