Subject: [ebBP] 3/23/2004: WI-43 Name and NameID [RSD]

Discussion|OASIS.ebBP.WI43-Name and NameID;
Topic|;
Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200402/msg00250.html;

Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200402/msg00224.html;

Point|Last item before summary proposal and vote;

mm1@

Remember in this, as requested by Dale Moberg, to indicate whether Name
or Name ID is being referenced in order This assists code processing.

John Yunker, we need your feedback on this one that we have met your use
case.
Kenji Nagahashi, Martin had proposed previously three types could be
used. We discussed two in our meeting in the last few weeks (see
previous email below). Which option do you and Martin believe will be
the most accessible and flexible for the user?

Roberts, February 2004:
1. Unique Id: Id must be universally unique, need not be human friendly
and used only to identify the object in a unique unambiguous manner. The
Id must not be overloaded to contain any encoded information.
2. Human Friendly Name: In the registry this can be any String and need
not be unique at all.
3. External Identifier: A unique value within a unique namespace that
serves as an identifier for the object.
An example is the DUNS # for a company within the DUNS namespace.

||Previous email summary vote information:
||mm1@
||The fifth Work Item for summary closure is:
||Work Item 43 Name and NameID [Use of GUID and GUIDREF (Use of name
and/or id for reference elements)]
||Work Item Summary
||In the BPSS Schema 1.01 and 1.1 elements can be reference either by
their name or their ID (or GUID).
||Seems one is redundant and ID's (GUIDs) normally used to reference
other elements. Do GUID's help XML parsers?
||Use of GUID and GUIDREF could lead to processing errors.  Identify or
recommend if acceptable for CPPA or allow
||them to also decide on this (for CPA negotiation). Given resolve,
specify explicitly if the scope of global
||uniqueness for GUIDREF.
||Relates to WIs:
||None identified.
||Summary Resolve
||a. Provide the capability for internal and external uniqueness of a
BPSS instance.
||Note: In meeting 8 March 2004, we discussed that both a NameID (allow
late binding) and UUID (guaranteed to work and be pre-resolved) could be
used but would add ||additional complexity. Therefore, we need to ensure
we provide the capability to handle the use cases and minimize level of
complexity. We need to be able to use the ||same Name with two IDs. One
solution was to use an UUID and append to an IDREF. UUID is unique
because it includes an IP address as part of its root. Globally ||unique
in the context of the creator, per Yunker.  Nagahashi commented that an
IDREF could be combined with identifiable BPSS instance. Does this meet
the ||requirements for internally (local) and externally unique reference?
||Open Items
||v3.0: Revisit for the ProcessSpecification.
||***Kenji Nagahashi/John Yunker: We are pending your comments on
Roberts' proposal as discussed 8 March 2004 and verification this fits
your us cases.***
||The ballot on this item will not be opened until I get an answer from
Kenji/Martin/John Y. Thanks so please provide comment.

@mm1