Subject: [ebBP] Brooks 3/28/2004: WI-8 Differentiate MSI and BSI [RSD]

Discussion|OASIS.ebBP.WI8-Differentiate MSI and BSI;
Topic|;
Point|Summary review;

mm1@
Work Item 8 Differentiate MSI and BSI acknowledgement messages
for any duplication.

Summary proposal:

    * Provide clearer definition of the BSI.
    * Provide mapping for CPPA-ebMS-BPSS functionality.

Dick,
In the F2F, in discussions late last year on ebXML-dev and in several
exchanges since February [1], we have talked about the BSI, its
functionality, clearer descriptions and more guidelines for our user
community. One key point was that the MSI implements the criteria
defined in the BPSS.  We are also working on clearer descriptions for
the BSI, which will be a primary topic at the OASIS Symposium for our
Transactions presentation. We also intend to have mappings at the end of
the specification so it is clearly understood between CPPA-ebMS-BPSS
functionality.

Can you think about this and advise if there are other issues or
questions you have regarding this work item? It was originally posted
from questions on ebXML-dev that you initiated.

Thanks.

[1] Such as OASIS symposium scenario and WSDL support discussions.

@mm1