Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Groups - New Action Item #0036 Monitoring forebBP-Provide Boundaries

David RR Webber wrote:

>Monica,
>
>In this respect, and also WS-CAF aspects - please consider the BCM Linking
>and Switching
>specification - (Appendix B of BCM) - that details mechanisms for state,
>monitoring, auditability
>and tracking - deployed as Choice Points.
>
>I believe this design could provide the underpinning for BPSS needs, and
>more.
>
>At this juncture I'm seeing it would make strong sense to develop this as a
>joint
>thread between CAF, BPSS and BCM - a rare example of OASIS TC
>coordination!?!  ; -)

mm1: David, I did briefly review the BCM Appendix B that talks about
choice points and linking/switching. Can you please explain to me the
basis for use of an inference engine with rules of all shapes and sizes?
It appears the choice points are based in XML but require a WSDL
definition - can you explain why you assume that a WSDL interface will
be required for each transition?  Frankly, I am not sure what this says
to me. How does this relate to BPSS? Please be explicit. Thanks.