Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] [Fwd: [ebxml-msg] Status of MSH configuration by CPA and MSH API]

Martin,

No, there is no CPP in our framework.  The process looks like this:

1	Start with BCF modelling of "public standard process" (encapsulating
existing information models if approriate).
2	Generate a BPSS instance (from the BTV)
3	Generate a Template (partyA/partyB) CPA from the FSV
4	Publish BPSS, template CPA, XSDs etc to a UDDI registry according to
a standard data model.  This collection defines the "public process"
5	A software vendor or consulting house generate "private process"
schema (BPEL, XSLT, X-FORMS, etc) that permit specific back office apps (eg
SAP, Quicken) to comply with the previously published "public process".  The
private process schema collections are also publishe to the UDDI registry
according to a standard data model.
6	"ACME Corp" uses a hosted service on the registry to publish a
complete UDDI technical profile - but because of the public / private
process data model, they need only provide very minimal information and the
rest is generated.  Pretty much they just say "I have quickbooks v12 and my
e-mail address for B2B messages is b2b@acme.com".
7	ACME corp invites widget corp to collaborate in a particular process
(eg order process).  A hosted partner manager service generates a deployment
CPA for ACME/Widget from one or more template CPAs.
8	The deployment CPAs (together with the BPSS and the necessary
private process schema) are sent to both parties for automatic middleware
configuration.
9	ACME & Widget co exchange business transactions.

So, in effect, the UDDI profile for ACME / Widget is the "CPP" because it
carries the necessary meta-data to generate a deployment CPA from a
template.  The reson we went this way is because we considered it unlikely
that partners will have the tools or smarts to create CPPs and go through
the CPA computation & negotiation process.  Too many variables and just much
simpler to provide a hosted CPA computation service.  Added benefit is that
the registry knows about trading relationships and can proactively manage
change.

You can find some whitepapers on this at www.redwahoo.com

Regards,

Steve Capell